Wednesday 19 November 2014

September Newsletter 2014

*|MC:SUBJECT|*

September Newsletter

 

I'm back! A little later than planned but this months issue has a lot to say!

Here's what to come....

 

  • Big Events Announcement
  • A little bit of sad news
  • New creations
  • Crochet Hook Madness
  • August Stall Photo's
  • New creative hobby!
  • New guest stock

 

Big Events Announcement
This is a first for me.....I'm feeling brave!

For the first time in the history of Supremily and markets (which is now into its fifth year!) you can find me at these following large events...something I've never felt ready to do, until now!

Part of 'The Big Green Market' ~ this years Big Autumn Market takes place 16th-19th October in my hometown of York!
After all these years of being based in the North East, this will be my first market here and I'm really excited!

Here's what to expect...

 

- Live Music
- UK crafts
- recycled products
- Fairtrade crafts, clothing and jewellery
- Home-made and handmade
- Street food & drink
- Organic food, clothing and cosmetics


 
Newcastle Christma Market

Newcastle Christmas Market

 

Running from Wednesday 3rd December until Sunday 7th in the centre of Newcastle upon Tyne.
I'm actually a little terrified about this one as it's such a big event! I hope I can make enough stock in time! I've started putting stock aside for the festive season already!


My stall will be there on the following dates...

Wednesday 3rd 9am-6pm
Thursday 4th 9am-7pm
Friday ~ My day off! Farmers market is on this day.
Saturday 6th 9am-6pm
Sunday 7th 10am-5pm


Also on the stall will be trinket boxes and treasures from India, along with art cards and bits and bobs usually offered on the stall.... and of course, lots of Supremily Jewellery!

And last but not least...

 
Hexham Christmas Market

Friday 12th and Saturday 13th

 

(The weekend after the Newcastle Christmas Market....I must be MAD!)

I'll be doing all my usual Tynemouth and Quayside stalls when not at these events, and there will be lots of goodies available online in the etsy shop for those of you who are unable to attend the markets and are thinking of buying someone a special and unique handmade gift for Christmas.
Wink wink ;)

A little bit of sad news...


 

The other day, I lost my little and dear friend Rala to the road outside our house. Hard to believe seeing as though we live on a single track road in the middle of nowhere! It was shockingly sudden. Our neighbour helped me to bury her in the garden before I had to leave the house for an appointment. I was in shock on the hour long drive to Necastle, it had all been a bit rushed and so sudden. I wiped away my tears and held things together as best I could.
My little daily visitor to my jewellery room, coming to sit on the sunny window sill while I work away at fulfilling my creative passion.
I'll miss her dearly, my beautiful little friend. . R.I.P
Rala xx

Okay ~ no more sad news!
Here's some
new creations I've been working hard on since I last wrote....

Magic ready for the oven

Lots of new stock has been made for the stall, my outlets and for the online shop.

New canes
Newly glued studs drying

New stud earring designs are making their way into the etsy shop. The process is very time consuming as the glue takes 24 hours to set. I spent 3 days last week glueing, handpainting each one with a glaze, more glueing, photographing, editing, packaging and putting online!
All are attached to
hypo allergenic stainless steel. Strong, superb quality and perfect for all skin types.

Flower cane in the making
Finished green flower cane

Different packaged clay colours have been blended in this green flower design to create really unique shades of mustard yellow, dark forest green and a pale minty green. Total hours on this cane?....I'm not sure I lost count! Maybe around 3 hours?!
 

Blended Grey Heart Studs
Duck Egg Blue Brown Spiral Heart Studs
Green Flower Heart Studs
Striped Leaf Studs

Just a small peek at some of the new designs available online and on the stall! You can click on the link below to have a peek at some more.

Unique Earrings

I've been really enjoying making lots of intricate handles on crochet hooks and supplying some of my current outlets with them (you can view a list of my retailers on the website link below) and stocking the online shop a little.

I've had reports that they're extremely comfortable to use. They come in nice little packets and make perfect gifts for all lovers of crochet!

Reatailers Stocking Supremily
Discussing my work process with customers!

I've had some really lovely days on the stall in the last month and have met some lovely people, as always! I love describing my process to those that ask, and hand them a laminated picture of a selection of photos of my sculpted canes. It helps people to get their heads around the magic!

Tynemouth Market Stall
At Tynemouth Market with Sarah from Salt it Spice it Herb it

At Tynemouth Market with my friend Sarah showing off her Supremily creations :)

I've found a new creative hobby to practice while not making clay ~ painting furniture!

I painted this 'pigeon hole' unit in my studio this amazing turquoise shade and painted the inside of each cube a pale blue, then distressed it with dark wax. It's already filling up with stock..some put aside for the Christmas Markets ~ I'm well ahead this year!

Green stool and shelves

I painted this stool and corner shelving with a blended green/white mix.
Next week I'll be picking up some edwardian chairs which need re-upholstering and painting...I'm excited!

 

I'm now stocking on the stall beautiful hand crafted rings and bracelets from skate-rings.com
Guest artist to the Supremily stall ~ Gavin creates these unique pieces from recycled skate board decks. They're vacuum soaked in beeswax, varnished in a sealant and finally finished in a wax polish.
Click the link below to check out the website.

Skate Rings


Where to find me in September

Tynemouth Station ~ Saturday 13th and 27th

 

Quayside Market ~ Sunday 14th and 28th

Freeman Hospital ~ Wednesday 24th

And of course, online!

 

www.supremilyjewellery.com

I'll be back next month with more!
Until then, enjoy the rest of September.


Emily xx
Facebook
Facebook
Twitter
Twitter
Website
Website
Copyright © 2014 Supremily Jewellery, All rights reserved.
September Newsletter

unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences 
 






This email was sent to *|EMAIL|*
why did I get this?    unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences
*|LIST:ADDRESSLINE|*

*|REWARDS|*

No comments:

Post a Comment