Wednesday 19 November 2014

October Newsletter ~ Polymer Clay Artist Supremily Jewellery

*|MC:SUBJECT|*

October Newsletter

 

Thank you for opening!

Here's what to come



 

  • Custom orders
 
  • Autumn explorations
 
  • Exciting new necklace range
 
  • Preparations for York
 
  • New Work
 

Rugby and Kaleidoscopes
A custom order

With these three lumps of clay an intricate kaleidoscope design has been sculpted for a lovely customer of mine and her son. ~ Hi Gill!
After seeing a custom order made a few weeks ago, Gill contacted me with a design put together by her son Lewis for his school rugby team using the same colours as had been seen in the previous kaleidoscope made for Wendy.
~ Hi Wendy!

 

Based on the colours of both the Novocastrians Rugby Club and Newcastle Royal Grammer School rugby team, 20 pairs of kaleidoscope cufflinks were made as a combination of 18 year old birthday presents for boys at the school and 50 year olds who all went to the school but also played for Novocastrians.

One thing I did fail to do was take a photo of the finished cufflinks! Boooo!

Thank you for your design Lewis! It was an absolute pleasure to make this special order for you!

Next up...

A special family treat

 

I had a lovely message from a previous customer of mine, Hannah, with a special ask. Could I make a sunflower?
Not only was I thrilled at the challenge, but was even more happy to be making it for another wonderful customer of mine, Erin, as a surprise for herself and her family.
Erin is a blogger, and a previous dread head who has supported my beads and creations since almost day one!

 

I started by blending two shades of yellow and some orange clay ready for the petals. I made two intricate dotted designs for the centre of the sunflower after looking at some photos of sunflowers online. I used an interesting new technique with the yellow clay to produce the detail for the petals.

A beautiful sky blue colour was then blended ready for the packing of the cane. Next job....make the special jewellery order!
Here are the results....

Pebble pendant with sterling silver on leather for Erin, cufflinks for husband Dan and four sunflower bracelets for each of their children.

You can read Erin's blog on the link below, it makes for a lovely read!
Coffeebeings

Autumn Explorations

Autumn is upon us! I love this time of year as the colours start to change and summer slowly says goodbye. Ian has been working really hard to stock up our wood pile ready for those cold winter nights. I managed to go to the river with him the other day, finally taking some time away from work. As always, Bootsy came with us...and the two of us went to explore together while Ian chopped some wood.

Bootsy enjoyed smelling trees and scratching her claws on fallen branches while I enjoyed breathing in the crisp fresh air and exploring the woods. Bootsy stayed by my side the whole time, she's more like a little dog really!

The river was fast flowing after the recent rains. We sat for a while listening to its powerful flow.
On our return over the bridge to Ian, he was keen to start with the chainsaw and proceeded to cross the river! Bootsy sat on my knee while we watched from across the river, waiting to make our way home up the field once done.

I'm hoping to get back down there at some point soon but for now, I've got my head in work again. Good job I love it!

New Necklace Designs

I've been working hard on some stunning new necklace designs. These beaded necklaces are strung on two intertwined lengths of nylon coated wire and finished with a sterling silver clasp. They have proved to be very popular already and the one in the photo below has already been sold. However, there are many more on the way.

Magic ready for the oven

I've been working hard on producing some statement necklaces ready for The Big Autumn Market in York next week.  Any unsold necklaces will then be put online for purchase when I return home.

New canes
Newly glued studs drying

I'll be trading in the marquee next week in sampsons square, outside 'Browns of York' 16th-19th 9am-6pm.

Lots of new stock is being boxed up and is waiting to make an appearance on the stall!

Flower cane in the making

Please click the link below to view the event on facebook.
Please share it around!

 

The Big Autumn Market

New Work

New brooches are now in the shop, along with more stud earring designs.
Between markets and making, I'll be focusing on filling the online shop as much as possible over the next month ready for the Christmas Shoppers.
Look out for a special discount code in next months newsletter!

 

I now have new mini star and triangle stud designs...lots of colours and intricate designs are now on the stall. More are being added online when I get a second....I wonder when that will that be?!


Where to find me in October

Tynemouth Station ~ Saturday 11th and 25th

 

Quayside Market ~ Sunday 12th and 26th

Freeman Hospital ~ Friday 10th CANCELLED

The Big Autumn Market, York ~ Thursday 16th - Sunday 19th

 

I've also been working a little on the homepage of my website, sprucing it up a bit and have been tweaking and updating the other pages a little. Any feedback is always welcome!

www.supremilyjewellery.com

So! Wish me luck for York ~ I'm really looking forward to meeting some new traders and customers. Hopefully I'll also be visited by some old faces. York was my stomping ground until the age of 19! Aside from all this, the thing I'm actually looking forward to the most is spending 5 days with my Mother! She's extremely good company and I miss her a lot! (See you soon!)xx
Thank you for opening this months blurb.
Keep a look out for next months newsletter, and until then...stay warm :)

 
Emily xx
Facebook
Facebook
Twitter
Twitter
Website
Website
Copyright © 2014 Supremily Jewellery, All rights reserved.
October Newsletter

unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences 
 






This email was sent to *|EMAIL|*
why did I get this?    unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences
*|LIST:ADDRESSLINE|*

*|REWARDS|*

No comments:

Post a Comment